Tips for taking care of your computer
- Always keep your computer clean, dry, cool, and dust free space.
- Monitor (screen) surface should be clean using a suitable cleaning agent and cloth or wipe.
- Never eat or drink near the computer.
- Never move the computer when it is switched on.
- Never obstruct the ventilation holes in the monitor or computer’s case.
- Never store floppy disks near magnetic field, which are created by monitors, speakers, microwave and the electrical devices.
Tips for taking care of your Health and Safe use of Computer
- Avoid regular use of Computer that can cause:-
- Exposure to Radiation
- Neck and Back problem
- RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury)
Tips for preventing your computer from virus infection
- Always update your anti-virus software at least weekly.
- Back up your important files and ensure that they can be restored.
- Change the computer's boot sequence to always start the PC from its hard drive.
- Don't share Drive C: without a password and without read-only restrictions.
- Empty floppy drives of diskettes / USB drives before turning on computers, especially laptops.
- Forget opening unexpected e-mail attachments, even if they're from friends.
- Get trained on your computer's anti-virus software and use it effectively.
- Have multiple backups of important files. This lowers the chance that all are infected.
- Install security updates for your operating system and programs as soon as possible.
Tips for controling against unauthorized access
- Enforce data and information access control policies on all employees.
- encrypt the data and information during transmission
- Keep the computer room closed when no body is using it.
- Reinforce the week access point like doors and windows with metallic grills and alarms
- Enforce network security measures.
- Use file passwords to deter any persons who may get to the electronic files.